“We wanted to achieve Connect once – Reach all”
Procurator is one of Sweden’s leading wholesale companies, a fast-growing full-service provider for both the private and public sectors. Their market includes the Nordic region and other parts of Europe. Procurator sends approximately 400,000 invoices per year. A quarter of a million of those are currently sent as e-invoices. Before joining InExchange Network, Procurator used a more traditional “one to one”-method for EDI connection with each customer.
– Traditional EDI is extremely time-consuming, says Christoffer Ekelund, IT Manager at Procurator. We met Christoffer and the project manager for e-billing, Daniel Aurell, at their headquarters in Malmö.
– Setting up each client individually costs time and money. For each unique connection, we faced a lot of technical hassle and thus – extra support, continues Christoffer.
The process of setting up each client took a lot of time, and the queue for connecting new customers kept growing.
– It was like a traffic jam. With over a hundred clients in our queue, we started to look for another solution, says Daniel.
Connect Once – Reach all
– Instead of creating one connection per customer, we wanted one connection that could reach everyone.
InExchange was the obvious choice.
– InExchange was the only vendor that matched our client list, which covers all of Northern Europe, confirms Christoffer. We simply wanted to achieve “Connect Once – Reach All”.
– Now our accounts receivable department can connect new customers themselves. It speeds up our processes significantly, says Daniel.
Since Procurator joined InExchange – the number of e-invoices has increased greatly.
– The investment quickly paid off. Since we no longer have to spend time on each individual connection, we’ve eliminated a previous major expense, continues Christoffer.
– One of our favourite things in InExchange Network is the Dashboard, since it shows our progress in real time. It helps us to follow and reach our goals as a company, Daniel adds.
– The overall objective for us was of course to remove all manual work, continues Christoffer.
Not only did Procurator save a lot of time, but the number of e-invoices has grown a great deal.
– We had set goals beforehand, and achieved our first one very quickly. In June 2013, we had 26% e-invoices, six months later, we were up 41%.
– The investment paid off in the first year.
More than just e-invoices
Choosing InExchange was about more than just e-invoices.
– On the whole, there is a very inventive spirit at InExchange. You are innovative and have some great ideas for the future. We want a partner that we can grow with and who wants to grow with us, says Christopher.
Having the e-invoices in place opened many doors for us to streamline our entire workflow.
– Initially, we came to InExchange for our invoices, but now we are expanding our cooperation and looking at several new solutions for us, says Christopher.